Translate

Thursday 3 April 2014

The Wickedest Time Is When The Rain Starts Fall


It's raining. 

It's pouring. 

The old man is snoring.   

And

The wickedest time is when the rain starts fall. 

But an even more wicked time is nightly water lock off time. 

No rain means no water here on the Island of Jamaica. 

And since night time is when most people are asleep, and don't need water, the Water Company, in its wisdom, shuts off the water to conserve. 

But I am just about to get out of my bed and get dressed for the road at the time when these unfortunate occurrences occur. 

The parties I attend do not start to get nice until after two in the morning so I get up a little earlier than 2 in the morning and step in the shower. 

The hot water hits my body and turns it on. 

My blood starts to rush as my excitement builds at the thoughts of the night's pleasures to come. 

I stand there as the heated water rushes over and down me as the sweet scent of the scented soap swirls around me. 

The slippery wash clothe glides over my skin and leave it softly scented and glowing. 

Now I am ready to start to caress an even sweeter lotion over me, spray a little even sweeter perfume across my glowing skin and get dressed 

But

No water means none of that. 

None of it at all. 

Who can go out without that first sweet experience of the night ahead? 

Not I, said the fly. 

So 

I sit here now contently listening to the raindrops pounding into the happy earth renewing it and I am happy for it. 

Happy that if I want to touch the road tonight I can. 

Happy Mother Earth's desires are being fulfilled. 

And as she sucks down the water deep in her I can smell the sweet fragrance of soil and water mixing. 

The fertile smell of it starts to sink into me. 

Making me remember some desires of my own that need to be quenched just as deeply as the rain does Mother Earth. 

The wickedest time is when the rain starts fall. 

So as I sit here contently listening to the rainfall my hand reaches for my phone to make a call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment