Translate

Tuesday 10 May 2016

And Just Like That


He tore up my sky. 

He ripped up my ground. 

All as I didn't make a 

sound. 

He walked away.

Goodbye he didn't even 

say. 

I wondered if he was even 

real. 

But real he did feel.


His touch was real

but

maybe it was just a dream.  

A dream touch that to

him, apparently, never

meant much. 

He pulled up his collar.  

Walked away not expecting 

me to follow. 

Not caring that there would



be no tomorrow. 

Not caring there would be

no next week. 

Not a backward glance did

he sneak.  

I know because I peeked. 

Maybe he is hollow. 

Maybe his heart is just 

shallow.  

He never knew that an


arrow had already shot 

my heart out of my chest. 

Him leaving couldn't 

hurt because inside me

was nothing left. 

He buttoned up his coat. 

My goodbye got caught in

my throat. 

His eyes mocked as

his smile was a gloat. 

Invisible shrug of 

his shoulders 

and 

just like that it was over.


No comments:

Post a Comment