Translate

Monday 9 May 2016

Worth Me


Like a switch

I cut it off. 

Like a bitch 

I just stopped 

giving a shit.

It happened so quickly. 

Fuck it 

I said simply. 

I stepped away. 

That very day.


And everything you were to me 

once 

just passed away. 

I closed my eyes and tried 

to cry


but I just couldn't give a shit 

anymore so my eyes 

stayed dry. 

I thought it would have hurt. 

I thought it should have hurt.


But one epiphany was all it 

took to see that you were 

just dirt. 

A flash of insight showed me 

in an instant that you were


just not worth it.  

I doubt you ever were 

but 

love causes things 

to blur.



Causes the eyes not to see the 

rain. 

Causes the heart to deny the 

pain. 

Thank goodness it's gone

and that it took you along.

Now when I see you I have to 

stare hard. 

Wondering what you really are. 

Cause the you,


that you are, 

could have never been 

what I saw. 

Well, I have come from far 

away from where you are.


Still can not believe that for you 

I lowered the bar.  

You were never ever

worth me going 

anywhere at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment