Translate

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Darkness



Evening turns to night. 

I feel a fear hold my throat tight. 

Again the night comes. 

Again the dark returns.  

In the dark are creeping things.

                                                                         
                                                                                      
Things that want to get in. 

As the shadows fade and the dark remains.

Now is the time for them to appear. 

Bringing with them such fear. 

Fear for all that I hold dear.
                                                                                         
                                                                        
The darkness brings them. 

It brings the fears. 

They close in on me. 

Why won't they let me be? 

It always comes.
                                                                             

Only from the dawn does it run. 

But not before the dark has had it's fun. 

Evening after evening the night comes. 

Bringing even more dark than the night before. 

It builds up darkness, don't you see?
                                                                                   

It brings more and more darkness to me. 

My fears, 

even, 

remain,

now,

in the day. 

I know it is coming.
                                                                                   

Now again the lights diminish, you see? 

Why won't the darkness let me be? 

For this is what I plead.

That this unfriendly deep darkness cease to trouble me. 

It brings the things that try to crawl into me.
                                                                                     

And in the dark I can't see. 

It is always worse when I am alone. 

It knows.

That is why it never goes.

I need a companion to pass

the dreaded dark nights with me. 

The creepy crawling things might then

just leave me be.


No comments:

Post a Comment