Translate

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Troublesome



I gave a lot of trouble when I was little. 

Not in a rude way just in a "me" way. 

I was the youngest for about six years. 

Until the real youngest showed up.

Bad ass Toni.                                                                            

But I was the baby for a good while and what a baby I was. 

I would cry from my mother's foot stepped out the front door until she came back if I felt like it. 

Sometimes for hours straight.

Once my, at the time, 3 siblings all went to a sleepover and even though I declined they literally carried me to sleepover in my blanket and pajamas. 

I cried and cried                                                                   

until 

they carried me back home to my own bed. 

I told them I did not want to go. 

I was troublesome. 

I loved the pool but could not swim so I used to jump in the deep end of the pool and my bigger sisters would have to get me before I drowned.
                                                                             

One day they didn't come so I learned how to swim that day.  

I was a mess. 

I broke my bones. 

I got stitches. 

I caught colds.
                                                                          

I had ear aches. 

Allergies. 

And I refused to eat certain things. 

Like spaghetti. 

Oh, I would eat the meat.
                                                                                

Just not the pasta. 

I knew myself early I would say. 

But 

I was trouble. 


And I cried.

A lot. 

Now that I look back I must say I love my siblings. 

Even bad ass Toni who usurped me. 

Family.                                                                                 

Can't live with them. 

Can't really live without them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment